KIXX Martial Arts Club – Senior Instructor
- 5th Dan Black Sash, KIXX Chinese Boxing, Chang Chuen Shu
- 3rd Dan Nan Shaolin Wuzuquan (graded under Grandmaster Kim Han)
- Member of the KIXX Martial Arts Club Technical Committee
- Public Liability / Indemnity Insurance
- Emergency First Aider
- Enhanced CRB Checked
I started training in martial arts in 1983 when I was 16 years old with Chris Linsted; I trained with him for 2 years before going to Sifu Chris Ellerker, Chief Instructor of the Chang Chuen Shu Kung Fu style.
Sifu Chris Ellerker helped me to reach my Black belt in 1988 and to become a member of the British Wu Shu Team competing in the Tai Chi category in the 1990 Wu Shu World Championships held in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. Whilst in the British Team my team members and I had a great time competing and demonstrating all over the UK, including on a stage in Leicester square London for the Chinese New Year Festivals. Since then I have competed in many national and international competitions in Tai Chi and traditional hand forms.
Some of the achievements I have obtained while competing are:
- Gold (Traditional TaiChiQuan Hand Form) BCCMA Southern Regional Champs
- Silver (Tui Shou Push Hands) BCCMA Southern Regional Champs
- Bronze (Northern Hand Form) BCCMA National Champs
- Bronze (Tai Chi Open Hand) BCCMA International & Invitational Champs
Since then it has taken much hard work and many years to reach my 4th Dan Black Sash (Northern Shaolin Chang Chuen Shu) in 2010.
My time training in the Martial arts has helped me in many ways , but most notably it has given me some lifelong friends who have helped and supported me for many years, for that I am eternally grateful .
Please feel free to have a look at my blog: http://markabond.blogspot.co.uk/
Styles of Martial Arts:
- Northern Shaolin Chang Chuen Shu (aka KIXX Chinese Boxing)
- South Shaolin Wuzuquan (in English = 5 Ancestors Fist)
- Modern Beijing Style Tai Chi 24, 42, 48 Hand Forms
- Yang style Tai Chi traditional 88 hand Form
- South Shaolin Wujiquan
This one is easy, just to learn more.
© Copyright KIXX Martial Arts – All Rights Reserved